Why a festival of learning?
Adult Learners’ Week is celebrated annually with hundreds of events and activities designed to promote the benefits of learning and to highlight the many options available:
- in the home
- at work
- in the community.
Many of the most successful events take place in venues that adults find accessible, friendly, and familiar, such as community centres, neighbourhood houses, libraries, men’s sheds or community halls.
Adult Learners’ Week is about:
- promoting the range of learning possibilities
- making learning options relevant and accessible to learners
- creating a culture of lifelong learning
- building a bridge between basic, vocational and general adult education (including literacy and numeracy)
- showing the strong relationship between adult learning, strong democracies and productive communities
- creating a learning society that everyone can access.
It’s simple really. Learning makes a difference!
- It improves your life in so many ways – from your health and wellbeing through to your socioeconomic status.
- It’s important to challenge yourself. Moving beyond your comfort zone improves your life. It builds your confidence and happiness. It broadens your outlook and expands your mind.
- It helps you to stay relevant in an ever-changing world. We all need to be lifelong learners now.
- It keeps you connected with others, and helps prevent stress and loneliness.
What are you waiting for? Find an event near you.