Who should take part?
Adult Learners’ Week:
- brings together organisations across the country to offer thousands of opportunities for all Australians to learn something new
- celebrates lifelong learning and increase awareness of adult learning opportunities across Australia
- demonstrates the dynamic personal, social and professional benefits of adult learning through a range of celebrations, activities and events across every state and territory
- uses the hashtag #ALW2016 which will be the underlying element for all events and promotional materials
- is co-ordinated by Adult Learning Australia, the peak body for Adult and Community Education.
Who can take part?
Any organisation involved in adult education and training can get involved in Adult Learners’ Week including:
- Neighbourhood houses
- Community centres
- Training organisations
- Not for profit organisations
- TAFE colleges
Why take part?
Here are just some reasons to get involved in Adult Learners’ Week:
- To raise awareness of classes, events and your organisation as a whole
- To promote your organisation in the local media
- To raise awareness of the benefits of adult learning
- To recruit new learners
- To demonstrate the benefits and positive impact of learning to funding agencies and local politicians
- To build relationships with other organisations in your area
- To demonstrate the impact that learning has on people’s lives and celebrate the achievements of adult learners