Why not run an event?
If your organisation offers any form of adult learning such as courses, classes, lectures, exhibitions, tours, training programs, tutoring, discussion groups – then Adult Learners’ Week is an opportunity to celebrate and promote what you do.
This year the theme of Adult Learners’ Week is ‘Take the leap: Rediscover learning’. The year’s theme is designed to promote the idea that there is always something new to learn; that learning can be a positive and joyful experience. The theme is about showing how learning can makes us feel more alive, healthier and part of the community.
Adult Learners’ Week is about showing the breadth of opportunities available for adults who want to learn.
One of the key messages of Adult Learners’ Week is that learning is a lifelong activity. Lifelong learners are adults who want to continually expand their skills, knowledge and interests. During ALW2017, we want people to share and discuss how they have re-engaged with learning.
Deciding on an event
What you can offer:
- provide short courses or taster sessions to give learners an insight into the classes you offer
- invite speakers – such as former students – to talk about the impact of learning in their lives
- encourage individual people and groups to have a go at learning
- celebrate the learning achievements of your staff/volunteers
- announce or launch a new course or new initiative
- badge open days and events with the Adult Learners’ Week branding.
Event early bird
Get your #ALW2017 event registered on the Adult Learners’ Week website before 30 July 2017 and you have the chance to win 1 of 20 $250.00 grants. This money can be used to help you run an awesome event during Adult Learners’ Week. Don’t forget, there are also $1,000 cash prizes on offer for the best ALW events chosen around Australia!